International students can expect the same rate of tuition as domestic students. National University recognizes the quarter system as it relates to course unit measurement. An undergraduate 4.5 quarter unit course costs $1,665 or $370 US dollars per unit. A graduate 4.5 quarter unit course costs $1,935 US or $430 USD per unit.
National University’s international student scholarship programs support and expand the university’s commitment to student success and diversity. Scholarships are awarded on merit, which includes academic scholarship as well as leadership. Learn more and apply.
National University is a top choice for International students transferring from a U.S. community college because credits more easily transfer. The university holds articulation agreements with virtually all California community colleges and many regionally accredited colleges across the country to grant admission for qualified community college students.
We estimate that one full year of health insurance will cost approximately $700-$1,000 USD (single coverage). Students will need to show proof of medical insurance prior to their first day of class.
Homestay accommodations are highly recommended for international students who are visiting America for the first time and are looking for an authentic American experience living in a host family’s home. Students may have their own furnished room or share a room, be provided 2+ meals per day, a shared or private bathroom, access to a telephone in a home and neighborhood vetted for security and safety. Fee is approximately $900 USD per month.
HOW TO APPLY
Undergraduate students must have successfully completed year 12 or equivalent with a minimum GPA of 2.0. ACT/SAT recommended. For graduate students a four-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum GPA of 2.5, or completion of National University’s Foreign Credential Bridge program, plus proof of English proficiency.
Proof of English proficiency, which may be met by one of the following:
- Achieving a TOEFL score of 70 (IBT) as an undergraduate student and 79 (IBT) for graduate students.
- Achieving an IELTS score of at least 5.5, with no band lower than a 5 as an undergraduate student and 6, with no band lower for graduate students
- DAAD completion of Level A or Level B, or a combination of Level A and B for either undergraduate or graduate students
- International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP) score of 5
- Certificate of Proficiency in English with a C grade or higher
- Certificate of Advanced English with a C grade or higher
- Completion of an approved intensive English language program
Students may enroll at any time. Some programs have set start dates that require an application by a specific date. Please contact an International Admissions advisor for application deadlines. Students should always apply at least 2-4 months before their desired start date to ensure enough time to apply for an F-1 visa.
Year-round. For most programs new classes start every month. Certain programs may only be offered twice a year.
The International Programs Office at National University is here to provide students with immigration advising for maintaining their legal status. We provide comprehensive advisement and assistance relating to the F-1 students’ non-immigrant status and information as it relates to the passport, Form I-94 (entry stamp), and related immigration documents (visa, I-20, EAD, and I-797).
National University accepts international payments through a payment portal powered by Flywire. This portal allows you to save on bank fees and exchange rates and track your payments online from start to finish. Use the portal to:
- Execute, track, and confirm international payments online
- Choose payment options from your home country
- Access Flywire’s 24/7 multilingual customer service support team
How to Make an International Payment to NU using Flywire:
- Go to nu.flywire.com
- Select your country of origin and preferred payment method
- Receive instructions on how to complete the payment process
- Enter your payment details and receive confirmation of your payment booking
- Track your payment online using the Flywire dashboard